What we do
QA Consulting & Engineering
DevOps is the latest evolution in a history of changes to software development. It is a set of practices that emphasizes the collaboration and communication of software developers and other information technology professionals while automating the process of software delivery and infrastructure changes. It aims to establish a culture and environment where building, testing and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently and more reliably.
DevOps is a belief, an attitude and a culture which, if executed well can do wonders.
DevOps aims to maximise the predictability, efficiency, security and maintainability of operational processes across the entire delivery pipeline. An improved deployment frequency can increase speed to market, lower failure rate of new releases, shorten the lead time between fixes and improve time to recovery in the event of a new release crashing or disabling the current system. Simple processes become increasingly programmable and dynamic using a DevOps approach.
The main benefits of DevOps include:
- Increased frequency of deployments
- Software/services available across more platforms
- Increased collaboration between departments
- A reduction of time spent fixing and maintaining applications
- Increasing numbers of customers using software/services
- Improved quality and performance of applications
- New software/services that would not otherwise be possible
- Reduced time to market
- Increase in revenue
- A reduction of spending on development, testing or operations
- Fewer employees working on deploying software/services
DevOps is as much about tools as it is about culture – it is reliant on a team that is committed to collaboration.
We have worked with organisations of all shapes and sizes on the journey into DevOps. Speak to us today to see how we can help implement your own DevOps strategy to achieve these significant benefits, or download our Testing in DevOps brochure.
To discuss how TTC can help you implement your own DevOps strategy to achieve these benefits as outlined, contact us today.